Last updated on August 26th, 2018
Many people live life without understanding their purpose here on earth. They life lives of aimless distraction. Some people seek after pleasure, fame, fortune, or comfortable living. They may seek after things in this world, without knowing the Creator who gave them life. Christians should share the love of God with people so that they would come to know their Creator. I pray this helps you live wisely and make the most of every opportunity and know God more.
Ephesians 5:15-20 (NIV)
“15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. 18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, 20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
How can you live wisely?
– Wisely understand that God created you for a purpose (Learn More About Living a Purposeful Life from my story)
– Wisely avoid the foolishness of seeking satisfaction in anything in this world including drunkenness
– Wisely focus on that which is Eternal (God) and sharing the love of God with others (Learn more about Sharing your faith in Jesus Christ)
How do I need to make better use of my opportunities?
– What really bothers me? What breaks my heart?
– If money were no issue, what would I do with my time?
– What makes me pound the table in frustration or passion?
– What gives me life or makes me come alive?
Learn more about how God has gifted you.
To discover how God has shaped you for a purpose, please visit Purpose Driven Life
Senator John McCain lived a life with a purpose – to protect our nation from enemies foreign and domestic. He was not perfect (only Jesus was perfect). John McCain lived with honor. Live your life for a greater purpose than yourself.